Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Willow Smith admits she is behind classmates due to music career

Willow Smith is not unlike many ten-year-old children in their admission that they would rather do what they consider to be fun instead of their schoolwork.
But the young singer is unlike other children in her superstar parents Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith allowing her to focus more on her music than her schoolwork.
In an interview with the U.K.’s Daily Record, Willow spoke about her runway hit “Whip My Hair,” and her life on the road.
“I never really get to go to school because I am always on tour, or with my father,” Willow said. “There is a tutor most of the time, but usually I am working so I never get to do the lessons. The worst thing about math is all the kids are ahead of me because they go to school.”
Willow signed to Jay-Z’s record label Roc Nation earlier this year. She tells the Record she was inspired by her parents to get into a music career.
“I was four years old when I recorded a song with daddy and only said a couple of words, and I thought, ‘This is cool,’” she said. “I would go with my mom on tour and look her and love what she did. I thought, ‘Maybe I should do that.’ So I did. I’m going to make songs to inspire people.”
Willow also added that she would like to be a “baby Rihanna.”
Willow’s older brother Jayden is also a recent breakout star, starring in this year’s hit film “The Karate Kid.”

No comments:

Post a Comment